For several mornings in a row this week I woke up with this song in my head. It's called Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster. It's based on Isaiah 40: 28-31 which says:
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
And young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
You can listen to the song here: http://www.myspace.com/lincolnbrewsterofficial
Whenever I hear this song I want to do cartwheels and cheer! There are so many things about it that touch my heart and make me think- it's hard to put into thoughts for others to understand. I've decided to respond to the lyrics line by line to help me explain.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord- when I have doubts about myself or ability to go through with the adoption process and all that is to come, all I have to do is remember to wait upon the Lord, and not on myself - he will give me strength to see it through.
Our Hope our strong Deliverer- This word HOPE says it all- Jesus is my hope, he has delivered me from sin and death. Now I place my hope in him and our agency to deliver our child to us!
You do not faint You won't grow weary- sometimes I feel weary of waiting. This is nothing compared to the waiting our Lord endures when he waits for his children to come to him in prayer, praise and thanksgiving. My time of waiting is no longer than a blink of the eye in the realm of eternity with God.
You are the defender of the weak You comfort those in need- somewhere in Russia, God is at work defending and comforting an orphaned child who waits for his/her forever family. He is defending and comforting our child too, just as he is comforting us here with songs like this!
You lift us up on wings like eagles- You know, I can almost feel myself being lifted off the tarmack bound for Russia and our baby. Not only that, but I can also feel God carrying me through it all with grace and peace.
I loved this song so much I talked Jason into letting me buy the CD which I highly recommend. If you haven't listened to much contemporary christian music these days, you really ought to give it a try- I bet you'll find it encouraging and inspiring! If nothing else, it will put you in the mood to worship the awesome Everlasting God!
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
And young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
You can listen to the song here: http://www.myspace.com/lincolnbrewsterofficial
Whenever I hear this song I want to do cartwheels and cheer! There are so many things about it that touch my heart and make me think- it's hard to put into thoughts for others to understand. I've decided to respond to the lyrics line by line to help me explain.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord- when I have doubts about myself or ability to go through with the adoption process and all that is to come, all I have to do is remember to wait upon the Lord, and not on myself - he will give me strength to see it through.
Our Hope our strong Deliverer- This word HOPE says it all- Jesus is my hope, he has delivered me from sin and death. Now I place my hope in him and our agency to deliver our child to us!
You do not faint You won't grow weary- sometimes I feel weary of waiting. This is nothing compared to the waiting our Lord endures when he waits for his children to come to him in prayer, praise and thanksgiving. My time of waiting is no longer than a blink of the eye in the realm of eternity with God.
You are the defender of the weak You comfort those in need- somewhere in Russia, God is at work defending and comforting an orphaned child who waits for his/her forever family. He is defending and comforting our child too, just as he is comforting us here with songs like this!
You lift us up on wings like eagles- You know, I can almost feel myself being lifted off the tarmack bound for Russia and our baby. Not only that, but I can also feel God carrying me through it all with grace and peace.
I loved this song so much I talked Jason into letting me buy the CD which I highly recommend. If you haven't listened to much contemporary christian music these days, you really ought to give it a try- I bet you'll find it encouraging and inspiring! If nothing else, it will put you in the mood to worship the awesome Everlasting God!

No comments:
Post a Comment