It's a New Year, a new day and a new agency! Let's get this party started! My earlier "go with the flow" attitude is gone and I am ready for action! I just want to get the paperwork done and turned in so I can turn my thoughts to something else. Focusing on anything not adoption realated is a serious effort in self-control and self-discipline these days- something I have never really been very good at.
Perhaps the most difficult thing at this stage in the process is having to rely on other people to accomplish certain things- like creating and signing documents accurately and in a timely manner. Please pray for our patience and assurance that it is all going exactly according to plan.
Our social worker let us know by email yesterday that she is waiting to complete our updated homestudy until she has our FBI fingerprint and clearance in hand. According to thier website, it can take anywhere from 16-18 weeks! Adoption fingerprints have normally gone much faster, but you never know. Our social worker is thinking and hoping they will be in her office by January 10th. I hope she is right. The other scary thing about it is the possibility that the fingerprints could be rejected because they might not have been clear enough- as in slightly smudged-therefore unreadable. I really can't allow myself to think about that because worrying about it is a waste of time and energy.
I can only do my part- the rest is out of my control and in God's hands.
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

1 comment:
Hi Heather,
I wanted to let you know that we sent off our fingerprints having no clue how long it would take. CHI recommended giving a deadline, so we put the end of December. We mailed them on Nov. 19, and 3 weeks later, we got them back! We were shocked, and God was clearly working ahead of us as they ended up requesting them for our first trip to Tver a few weeks ago! Wow! We had no idea we would need them that soon, just thought we would get the ball rolling! God is amazing! I pray yours get returned quickly!
Carrie
Post a Comment