I have a new project to keep me occupied as we wait to meet our little one. Its a photo quilt utilizing pictures of Jason and me at various times of the year, along with a photo of each of our exteneded families. I'm crrently in the planning stages of figuring out colors and photo sizes. Mind you, I know nothing about making quilts. I have done some sewing, but never anything like this, or so deeply personal. But my Grandma Buna could sew anything- so I know I've got that gene tucked away somewhere!
Our thought was since we have to bring photos to show our baby anyway, why not make it something he or she can snuggle up with- like a blanket? Our intent is to bring the quilt with us on our first trip and leave it with the child until we return.
The fabric was selected by Jason (Yes, he willingly took a trip to the fabric store for this special occasion!). The print is filled with a variety of international children's faces along with thier country's flag. I will use that for the border around the outside. The background fabric is white and it says "FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD HOLD HANDS AND SHARE THIER HEARTS"
The backside of the quilt, I plan to use a minkie type fabric- very fuzzy and soft- perfect for cuddling up! The photo is a bit fuzzy, but here's a sample:
WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:
Post a Comment