Thursday, February 14, 2008

Inch by inch

Last night we had everything except the homestudy documents notarized. Thank you DK! Bless her heart she sat with us for 45 minutes in my office signing those tedious papers and trying so hard to make each one perfect. She did GREAT!

I talked to our social worker today. We faxed over the financial information she needed to update her paperwork and she said she'd be emailing me with her rough draft to preview today or tomorrow. If all goes according to plan, she can mail them to her superior in Des Moines who will notarize them, and mail them back to our social worker. We hope to have them back by the middle of next week.

I'm going to wager a guess that we will be sending our Dossier to our agency the last week of February, or the first week in March at the earliest. On March 2 it will be our 1 year anniversary of sending the first dossier to Russia. I just want to get that thing turned in ASAP. Our medicals will already expire as of March 24th because they are only good for 3 months. Hopefully we can get the dossier registered in Moscow before then! Please pray for us.

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Are our notary's so patient with us?!?! I'm so glad it sounds like your homestudy is almost done. We were able to send our dossier to Russia without medicals (and FBI clearance). We'll be getting our medicals done on Monday and hopefully they'll still be good by the time we travel. I hope you have a great weekend!