Monday, March 24, 2008

Travel Arrangements

We've been hard at work making travel arrangements since Friday afternoon. So far, we've shopped for some travel clothes, called the bank for new unmarked $$ to use for cash exchanges, contacted the credit card companies to alert them to our overseas travel plans, purchsed flight tickets, and booked an apartment in Moscow for two nights. We've heard that our agency will book our room in our region for us, And we've secured a hotel here in the US so we can get closer to the airport where we will fly out of to get to Atlanta for the big trip.

I'm feeling a little sad for several other families from our agency and other friends who were waiting to hear the good news that there is a child available - but it hasn't come. I wonder if somehow we ended up jumping ahead of them. I just hope that they will hear the good news soon, and that they understand that we had no way of controling the timing of our adoption process- its in God's hands.

The good news is, things are moving along, and there is a lot to think about!

5 comments:

ana said...

Congratulations on getting travel dates! We're so excited for you! How wonderful to know you'll be meeting your son very soon.

Sounds like you've gotten a lot done in a short time!

Sorry we'll miss you in Moscow. We arrive (for trip 3) on April 13.

Becky and Keith said...

Wave to me while in Atlanta! Sounds like you got a ton done today! Way to go! You are right - it is in God's hands. You're so sweet to worry about everyone, just know that we are so excited for you and can't wait to hear more about your meeting with the little guy! :-)

Unknown said...

Were glad that your plans are falling into place.

We know that God has the right timing for us to receive our child. John always said you'd get your child before us. well that could always change in the next couple weeks. :) you just never know.

Anonymous said...

Waaaahooooo! I am so happy for you both, I can't even tell you in words. It seems as if there are many things you need to take care of before you go...I had no idea you needed unmarked US $ to travel and exchange! Can't wait to hear more!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congrats on getting all of your travel arrangements made! I'm so happy for you all and pray that things go smoothly as you get prepared to leave and as you head to meet your little one!! :)