Psalm 18
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I opened my guidposts daily email this morning while waiting for the shuttle to pick us up from our hotel and take us to the airport. The key verse was "The Lord is my ROCK and fortress..."
This word ROCK has been our theme verse ever since we got our travel dates two weeks ago. Jason and I are trying to be Rock Steady for each other, hoping that we can compensate for each others weaknesses and fears. What we've been reminded of over the last two days is that God is our Rock, and we need to rely on him.
We don't know why things turned out this way, but I see it as an opportunity to show God that we are open to his will, that we will be obedient to his call, and to trust that he's got the best plan in mind for us.
So, its a new day, the sun is shining, and God is smiling down on us and lifting us on his wings to bring us to meet our child, whomever that may be!
The Lord is our ROCK! We will lean on HIM.
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

4 comments:
Remember it is all in his plan. We do not always understand why things happen the way they do but trust in his plan for he had this mapped out for the two of you long before you even met.We will pray for your strength, wisdom and safety this week on this exciting adventure! nicole
Many prayers and blessings for your both. You have your priorities and faith to guide you, and each other. God bless. We'll be in Moscow April 13 - 19, so if there's anything we can do...just email. sallyandcarlos@yahoo.com
Heather, this post brought tears to my eyes. I'm happy you're feeling a little better this morning and that these verses brought you the comfort you were seeking. Prayers are being lifted up for you for safe travels, for a joyous meeting with your child, and for peace and comfort. God Bless!
HI! I think I was able to find the picture of the little guy you are to meet. Mom mentioned that it was on the same website, so I learned a little Russian (by way of Internet Translator! How cool!!) and found only one with the name you mentioned in that age range. ANyhow, sleep well. Love you tons, and TTFN!
Gingie
Post a Comment