Friday, April 11, 2008

Moscow Madness

This morning we were picked up at 10:30 to go to the clinic for our 8 doctor medical exam. It took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there- all the way across town on the North side of Moscow. I tried very hard not to be nervous, but didn't succeed entirely- but thank you for the prayers because it did help. I just kept thinking, these doctors have my future and our sons future in thier hands and if they don't like something, they don't have to sign off on the medical documents. As it was, it wasn't terrible. In fact, it was mostly questions, and not very much examination. I did have a BP of 160/90 but our translator told them it was a stressful week for us and that I didn't sleep well, so it was a good excuse she made for me. They did tell me to have it looked at when I get home, but I am almost certain that as soon as we left the clinic, it went back down. The cheif neurologist also commented on my "Asymetrical Face" which those of you who know me, know that I have a crooked smile, especially when I am nervous! She then asked me when this happened, and wondered about the nature of my birth. Was it a difficult delivery? I told her that it was a natural birth, but the doctor had to use the forceps to pull me out. This news seemed to satisfy her curiosity. The oncologist was very nice- and was impressed both by Jason being a carpenter, because he liked woodworking, and also that I am a minister. He told us because I work for the church, I must have at least 7 children and never give up my work. I thought that was funny! He wished us well and blessed us.


After the medical, we got to go to the Church of Christ the Savior and hear about the rebuilding that took place in just 5 years time. It was very beautiful!


After that we went to the Kremlin. We couldn't go all the way in to Red Square because they were rehearsing the divers for a special parade to be held in early May. Its quite impressive just the same. Next time we will go there and have our son with us, so it will be even more special.

Next to the Kremlin is St. Basil's Cathedral. This is the same church as what is posted above on our blog heading, although that picture is at night. Here we are:
Now that we have seen the highlights, we are ready to come home and make preparations to bring home our son! Our flight leaves Moscow for Atlanta at 12:55 PM or 3:55 Iowa time. I am a little less nervous this time, but even still, I'll appreciate your continued prayers for peace and calm and a relaxing flight home. We've had such a wonderful time in Russia-we look forward to coming back here again soon! Until we see you again, До свидания! (Da svidonya) Goodbye!

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Heather! I'm just catching up on blogs and LOVED reading all about your trip! How exciting!!! I love the details you gave - I felt like I was there with you. :-) I hope you get a very, very quick court date so you can go back and get your little guy! Hope you have a safe trip home!