After 28 hours of travel, a day for rest in Minneapolis with my family, and another 6 hours in the car home, we finally made it! Words cannot describe our happiness and utter exhaustion! If we don't answer the phone if you call- there is a good chance we're sleeping. Chasing after baby is tiring, and both Jason and I are feeling like we are also catching a cold.
We took some very precoius video a few hours ago upon our arrival of our son seeing his home for the first time ever. He ran from room to room, in sheer joy and wonder at everything he saw- as if to say "OH MY GOODNESS!" and I told him- "ITS ALL FOR YOU!"
We'll be taking some time these next few weeks and months to settle in and get acclimated to our new life. We appreciate your patience if your waiting to meet him in person. He's still getting to know his mommy & daddy, and thats most important! We thank you all for your prayers, gifts, encouragements etc. We are overwhelmed, and grateful beyond measure. We certainlly felt as though we were being lifted up to heaven on angels wings.
Blog entries may come a bit slower as we try to adjust to things here at home. We'll do our best to keep you all informed. God bless you!
PS. On our way home from Minnesota, we heard the song playing in our playlist- Foreigner's "I WANNA KNOW WHAT LOVE IS" and the words really struck me how much our little boy has been through in his life and how he's lacked for that love for so long. Our job and our joy as his parents is to teach him and show him what love really is;
1) JESUS CHRIST
2) Family
3) Friends
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

3 comments:
Congratulations and welcome home! Sleep, eat and play, that is all you have to do. Enjoy every minute of his wonder at all things new.
Congrats on getting home! I hope you all get lots of rest and have some wonderful family time together over the next few weeks/months! Praise God for how He has brought your family together!
PRAISE THE LORD!!! We are so thrilled that you guys are home and safe. I know the "travel" day can be a bear along w/ a new little one it is very hard to keep up your strength. Rest, rejoice and remember your Father in heaven loves you so much. Congratulations and you are in my prayers. Thank you for praying for our upcoming trip. I am getting quite nervous, but I know the Lord will see us through. I too am hoping for the same passport success as the two of you. I cannot wait to hear more about Zachary's arrival home. God bless you and my biggest congratulations.
Post a Comment