A couple of weeks ago, M.A. came into the church office and told us about a little adventure her and her husband took out in the countryside looking for something called "Bittersweet." I didn't know what it was, or what it looked like, so I was curious. Apprently this is some kind of vine that grows in plum trees and other places- ditches and farmers fences. The bittersweet has little red berries that when they begin to dry, they burst open like popcorn and look like a flower. M.A. wanted me to see the Bittersweet her and her husband had gathered, so she brought be a little twig. I must say, it is beautiful!
This vine can be difficult to control, but it can also be beautiful this time of year. Thus the name- Bittersweet.
I guess you could say endings and beginnings are bittersweet too. Today was my last day as associate pastor in the church that I have been serving for the last eight years. I have come to love and admire so many people because of my time there. I will miss them all very much- though I will still see them from time to time. I'm sad that my ministry is over there- espcially because Jason and I became very close with the high school youth group. They were our "kids" for lack of a better term, while we were waiting for Z to come into our lives.
But now Z has come into our lives- and we are so happy to finally be a family. To wake up every day and see his sweet little face (even the tired and grouchy one) is so precious. This mommy just wants to be able to spend as much time with him as possible. I want him to know that I did everything I could to give him a good foundation, and a happy life. It will be hard work, I know. Im sure I'll get more than a few more gray hairs watching my fearless joe try and climb, balance, or run as he continues to grow.
So happy endings & new beginnings are Bittersweet. Beautiful, and difficult, and O so worth it!

5 comments:
Yay Mamma! You're a SAHM!!! :) Welcome to the crew!
Welcome to the SAHM world! I'm home all day with Eli - feel free to email if you need some support!
Just catching up on your blog - glad I found it. Congratulations on making the decision to stay at home. I switched to part time and love it. I'm glad you are able to do that and might I say - your little boy is adorable!! Enjoy every moment!
Congrats on your last day of work - I'm sure it was truly bittersweet! Can't wait to hear about your first few days home, mama! :-)
And you've just been tagged! Check my blog for details, and enjoy...
Post a Comment