Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sleep Issues: part 2

The last couple of nights have been a little better- in fact, A LOT better. What did we do differently? Well, we gave slightly less milk, administered 1 tsp. motrin for teething, lotioned up, put cortaid on the 2 exema spots, sat Zach on the potty right before the overnight diaper was put on, and tried to get to bed a little earlier (myself included).

Daytimes the last 2 days were pretty fierce. There was a lot of fielding Zachary's hands that wanted to hit- hit- hit- both myself, daddy and the dog. I finally had enough and told Zachary that Jiggs was going bye bye to the neighbors house. That was a very good decision. Things have been much calmer, less hitting (aside from the very difficult and upsetting 20 minutes of rage after we got back home from the dog sitter), and more bonding time between the two of us without the dog giving Zach a distraction and additional stimulation. I think I may have to make arrangements for doggy daycare so I can continue this calmer, better day!

No comments: