Our little Z-man had a pretty good growth spurt last month! Believe it or not he grew just over an inch in 30 days and is now standing at 34 inches tall and weighs 28.4 pounds of mostly muscle. I can really see how much he's grown now in how he wears his pants. They still sit below his little budda belly, but the cuffs aren't dragging on the ground anymore. And the 18 month pants are almost floods.
Zach is talking much more and is repeating a lot of things that we say. He is able to make the sounds with more accuracy, and is readily putting two simple words together. The first sentences we heard were HI Mama and HI Dada. He can now say "Granny" very clearly, much to the delight of his great grandma. Its cute! Im trying to teach him to say Mommy and Daddy, but so far no luck. Communication in general has improved greatly just in the last month, and what I don't understand verbally alone, I can most often understand by the gestures he makes.
He is in the terrible twos now, and I can really tell a difference in his attitude and overall willingness to comply. He definately has his opinions and ideas- that is clear. The word NO is among Zach's favorites. Also the words crash, juice, up and down, and his own name which he pronounces WAAA and points to himself repeatedly. Zach is becoming more independant, but a little more fearful too(especially of noises). He can still be aggressive when he doesn't get his way, he's over tired, and hungry. I would say that how I react or don't react to his aggressiveness has a lot to do with how long it lasts and how often it happens. The more calm I am, and the less feedback I give at those times, the better.
Zach is also very interested in all things having to do with personal hygiene and toilet rituals. I think he may be ready for potty training this summer. Im working on having him pull up his own pants- which he can do partly but the diaper is too bulky in the back to get the waistband around. He asked me just today to go on the potty but he wanted to go like "dada" so that was a bit of an adventure.
Right now, Zach's learning is all about immitating behavior and speech. A fascinating stage to watch, cute as a button, and sometimes funny to hear. Being two isn't that terrible except for the frequent meltdowns (the occasional mommy ones too). Other than that, Zach is just a fun and happy kid and a wonder to behold.
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

2 comments:
He is adorable! Hopefully the terrible twos will be short lived for you. Great news on the growth! My girls were (are) solid muscle. As petite as they are, they are all muscle! Lots of protein in those Russian food staples apparently!
So glad he is doing se well and growing se well too! You'll start to see big jumps suddenly now in areas like speech etc. It seemed almost overnight that Daniel went from one to two words to 3 word sentences. His favorite now being "Give me that". (He's 2 and 1/2 so look forward to that!!)
Post a Comment