I had a great trip out to Denver this past weekend for the "Every Day is Mother's Day" conference with Heather Forbes. I learned a lot, but also made a couple of new friends, and expereinced some personal growth and healing. I HIGHLY recommend attending this event if it is offered in the future! If you are a mother who gets easily triggored by your child's misbehavior, this is really a MUST attend event. The theme for the weekend was "Love Never Fails" and it couldn't have been more fitting. Do yourself a favor and get anything written by Heather Forbes and you will have a new understanding of yourself and your child. Here is a link to her institute http://www.beyondconsequences.com/
When I returned home, I was lucky enough to be the very first person off the airplane. I was excited to see my boys again so it worked out perfectly! Jason and Zach were waiting for me just outside the security checkpoint area and the line that had grown for people waiting to go through. I saw them first and could see Zach searching the crowd for my face. And when our eyes met, he lit up like a christmas tree and smiled with glee. I heard him say "MAMA!" and then he giggled his the way he did when we were in Russia the first time and played with him. I tell you, it absolutely was the highlight of the whole trip! Overall, considering the change and the stress of missing family, Zach did fairly well. He didn't sleep as good as I had hoped, but I think he coped with the help of my mother and father-in-law and husband, Jason. I think he even managed to have some fun while I was away too. He keeps talking about Popcorn with Dada. I guess one night Jason popped a bag of popcorn and put it between him and Zach while they watched "Elmo in Grouchland" waiting for Z to get tired and fall back to sleep. It was a great bonding expereince for them, and I am glad.
It is wonderful to be home though, just as much as it was to have a little time away and get some fresh perspective. It was exactly what I needed. Definately a God-thing that He got me there!
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

1 comment:
Glad you had a great trip. Z sounds like he bonded well with Jason while you were gone.
Becky M
Post a Comment