Monday, November 23, 2009

A Boy and His Daddy

I snapped these pictures a week or two ago while my two boys we cuddling on the floor. I don't know what it is about seeing the love of your life, with the other love of your life that just make you want to love them all the more. Lately our little man has really started to look up to his Daddy and favor him just a little bit. I think it goes without saying that most little boys want to be like thier dads at this stage, but its very sweet to see them together like this.

I think it was right around November 10th that Zachary said the exact words "I Love My Dad"completely unprompted and out of the blue. He started a week or two earlier by saying he missed him, and asked about Daddy if he didn't see Jason before he headed off to work in the morning.


On November 11 he told me "I Love My Mommy" completely unprompted and out of the blue after I finished helping him change his clothes. I remember it because I was thinking to myself afterwards that I should go quickly and write that down in the baby book. We've waited so long to hear those sweet words come from Zachary's mouth. They were music to our ears!

It was just this past Saturday when he finally told me that he loves Grandma. And when I asked him which one, he first said Linda, and then started naming all the Grandparents, and extended family.


You may be touched to know that before he goes to sleep and after we say his bedtime prayer, he always adds that we should pray for God to bless grandpa and grandma (both sets) and also his aunts uncles and cousins. Yesterday I saw him sitting at his play table with his hands reaching out to invisible friends and he lead the table prayer. His little mind is really starting to grasp some important concepts and values like gratitude, love, and faith, as well as emotions and feelings like angry, happy, sad, and scared.

Its hard to believe that in just a month we'll have had our son in our home for the same amount of time as he lived in the baby home. That will be a huge milestone for all of us! Have a blessed and joyful thanksgiving filled with LOVE.

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Such great pictures! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

Troy and Rachel said...

I love seeing Troy and Daniel cuddle too so I know exactly what you are feeling! Daniel has been saying how much he loves us lately too and it just melts your heart!! It sounds like Zachary is really growing!

Ron and Dinia said...

Love the pics and the post about Zachary grasping the concept of love brought tears to my eyes. Just goes to show that little ones observe so much and truly learn from their Mom and Dad. Your son is too precious for words.

Merry Christmas!