The longer we wait for accreditation, adoption, and parenthood, the more time we have to worry. It's my greatest downfall, and I have been combating it mightily this week. My mind runs in circles like a HAMSTER spinning on her wheel. Around and around I go and never really get anywhere but more tired. Questions I keep asking myself include but are not limited to; Will it ever happen? Is this long wait a sign? Are we waiting in line for the wrong country? Is this REALLY what God asked us to do? Am I going to be healthy and fit for this baby? Will it attach and bond to us? Will he/she be healthy?
I need to remember to make a conscious decision to think about other things, and get busy! Oh, I've got plenty to do- that's for sure. I've got an attic that needs vacuuming/dusting and reorganizing. But ever since the two BATS were discovered flying around up there last month, I've had a hard time forcing myself to open the attic door. I have visions of bats dive-bombing me. Reminds me of that great scene in the movie Great Outdoors where Chet and Roman don their wastepaper baskets and raincoats, armed with tennis rackets and flyswatters and try to rid their cabin of the flying "vermin" as uncle Roman called them. I know at least one of the bats is dead- Jason killed it with a hammer and a badminton racket. I'm about 75% sure the other one flew out the minuscule hole we found. But that still doesn't make me want to go up there too bad. There's still the matter of the filthy bat poo- just the thought gives me the heebegebies. I can handle baby poop and dog barf, but bat poo is disgusting!
All that to say RATZ! We're still waiting for good news to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment