Thursday, March 20, 2008

No news...

We're still waiting for travel dates and news that our dossier has been translated and registered . I was told that it could happen as early as the end of this week, but that was not a promise. More like wishful thinking.

Once we have our paperwork registered in the region, we will know what dates we can travel- and then the real FUN begins.

From what I have read on other adoption blogs lately, making the arrangements can be a real challenge- particularly with getting VISAS. It seems that there are some that go through a travel agency to get them, and others who go right to the Embassy. Is one way better than another? I don't kow. All I know is I'm wanting to do as much preliminary work ahead of time so Im not as stressed out while waiting to travel.

I'll take any good advice you other PAPS have to offer!

1 comment:

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear your travel dates. As far as the visas go we did this our selves. I thought it was rather painless. I would suggest you go to

http://www.ruscon.org/visa_dep_ENG.html

You can download the form now and start filling it out. I asked C questions before we even got travel dates to make sure I understood what to fill out. Also I would be willing to help answer questions you have too!! Take a look and see what you think.