Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hope Again

Throughout this process of adoption, the word HOPE has been my constant reminder not to give up, and remember in whom it is that I place my faith and trust. My Lord and my God, Jesus Christ.

I have surrounded myself with this word, and anything that reminds me to think of it. The cover of my adoption journal-says BELIEVE with a big rainbow on it. The new photo above on our Blog header- not just one rainbow, but two- more signs of hope. Even my purfume is named HOPE. Therefore, we continue to have HOPE and keep the FAITH that somehow God will make something good out of this!

We've been given so many wonderful reminders of the hope we are to have through the prayers, encouragements, etc. offered to us through cards, phone calls, blog comments, scripture passages etc. We can't tell you how grateful we are! God is good to support us through all of you. You've helped to carry us through the dark days, that are now giving way to some light.

I'm working on my sermon for this weekend today- not sure how its going to come out, but the one verse I keep going back to today is this: "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1 Peter 3:15

The reason for HOPE, even in the midst of suffering, persecution, etc is Jesus Christ. No matter what the situation may be, I am blessed because Jesus died for me.

This morning on my way to work I heard one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs, and so I cranked up the volume. Its called "Praise you in this Storm." Its hard to praise God in the midst of suffering... Our recent expereince is proof of that. But what I found is, that singing the song actually helped me find a way to praise him again. Whatever your going through, if you find yourself hurthing, I pray you can still manage to find the HOPE in Jesus. If not, I know from personal expereince, HE will find you!

4 comments:

Michelle R said...

I'd love to hear your sermons. Can you add a pod cast to your blog??
Michelle

Becky and Keith said...

I'm with Michelle - wow! Your sermons must be absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for this post!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is one of my favorite songs, and it has meant so much to me too during difficult times. I pray that God will give you His peace and His strength during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Don't complain to God how big your storm is. TELL THE STORM HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS!