Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's all coming together

The visas arrived in good order yesterday afternoon- a whole 24 hours + after expected, but at least they arrived! I don't know what happened in Memphis at the Fed Ex hub, but they are here!

The quilt I've been working on (with help from my dear friend "L") just needs a label put on and a little edging- but in essense is complete and looks GREAT!

The camera, video, and laptop are all charged and ready to go.

We got a doctor lined up to do an examination of our referral in Kaluga.

We picked up the cash we need- although it looks in tough shape so Jason has been in a scramble calling diffrerent local banks to trade for better ones.

We completed our "Last Will and Testament" with our lawyer - Not much to it since we don't have much to spare!

And thanks to all my prayer warriors, I am much calmer than I thought I would be at this point. I can feel the power of your prayers working through the Holy Spirit. Please don't quit praying for courage and peace, safety, and wisdom etc.

Thats it for now. It's time to get packing!

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

I'm so happy to hear everything is coming together! I couldn't believe how amazingly calm and peaceful I felt in the days leading up to our first trip. I thought for sure I'd be a nervous wreck, but that wasn't the case at all. I could really feel everyone's prayers working for us and it was amazing.

God bless and safe travels!
Karyn

ana said...

Sounds like you're almost ready to go! We're so excited for you! God will be with you, and he will guide you through the week.

P.S. I ironed some of our cash (steam and a little spray starch), and it's amazing how good and crisp it looked. Like brand new! I was able to get creases out that way. You might be able to "freshen" a few of the bills!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you here in Memphis! Hip Hip Hoooray! The day is finally here!! Safe travels, courage and strength are yours! Enjoy each other's company and excitement. Can't wait to hear all about it!! I love you both! God Bless.
Ginger

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Good luck on your trip. Enjoy every moment of it. We will be praying for you!