I love these verses from 2 Corinthians 4:7-9
7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
In many ways, these verses describe the mutitude of thoughts and emotions we've been through over the past month. Through it all, God has given us HIS strength and peace, not to mention His power in our weakness, to help us learn to trust in him to see us through- maybe even give us a miracle. That's what Im praying for!
I think it is safe to say, that Jason and I are cautiously moving forward in the adoption journey. We know that at some point, we have to put one foot in front of the other and do the things we would be doing if God's plan for our journey were more clear. To that end, we have obtained a few items- a stroller, a few clothes of varoius sizes, a crib, some paint. A little of this, and a little of that. Nothing wild, just a few things here and there to remind ourselves that we aren't giving up, and that someday our dream will come true. Maybe sooner than later- God knows. :-)
In any case, we have hope and we have faith that God will work everything out for the good.
Winter 2013-2014
12 years ago

4 comments:
Oh, Heather, (and Pie) we are still praying that God's will for you WOULD become more clear, and as a friend of mine always says, "Soon, please, Lord." (with a child soon after, while I'm asking! :o) I am continually inspired by your faith and hope. You are both such wonderful examples for the rest of us. Love and more hugs,
Dew and Cyndi
We are praying for you. I know this must be so hard. The wait in the adoption process some days can be too much to bear. Thankfully God can do that for us. Good luck.
We, too, are praying for you. Your journey has not been an easy one, and I so admire your strength and positive attitude. I eagerly await news that God has led you to the child that you will love and parent for the rest of his/her life.
I am so happy to hear you are pressing on and we'll most certainly be praying for you!! Retail therapy is good and all of those little things allow you to get excited without being overly excited! I pray things move quickly for you - and flawlessly - through the rest of your journey!!
Post a Comment