Picture this:
1 big white passenger van, 9 High School Students, 2 adults (Jason and myself), 11 sleeping bags, air mattresses, duffel bags, a cooler full of caffeinated beverages, Doritos, Twizlers, and Jolly Ranchers candy, the CD player cranked with everything from Hip-Hop, Christian, and Classic Rock for 10 hours, all while enjoying the scenery of Eastern and North Central Nebraska! Jealous? Come on! I know you are.
Actually, Jason and I have been looking forward to this Mission trip with the kids at our church since September '07. In just over 2 weeks, we're headed for Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, just over the Nebraska state line, and about 100 miles East (give or take another 100) from Mount Rushmore. There we will be serving our Native American brothers and sisters in Christ by painting houses, and providing the children of the community with a mini-VBS program.
Actually, Jason and I have been looking forward to this Mission trip with the kids at our church since September '07. In just over 2 weeks, we're headed for Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, just over the Nebraska state line, and about 100 miles East (give or take another 100) from Mount Rushmore. There we will be serving our Native American brothers and sisters in Christ by painting houses, and providing the children of the community with a mini-VBS program.
We know we will have a great time, come back tired but energized, and better educated about the Native American culture. If we can't be in Russia, this Mission trip is the perfect diversion!

4 comments:
Hey Heather! This mission trip actually sound right up our alley. I'll pray for safe travels for the entire group. Have fun!
I can't wait to read the post when you come home! As long as you have food you will be fine. Have fun.
I remember youth mission trips well! So much fun! I hope you all have a blast and that God truly blesses your efforts there and allows you to reach the individuals you will be ministering to there through your service! Have a wonderful trip!
What a wonderful way to start a summer and spend time while you wait.
If you can be jolly through 10 teenagers, you are more than ready for parenthood. A sense of humor is required.
PS in rural Texas no road trip is complete with out Dr. Pepper and Moon Pies! (and I liked salty peanuts poured in my Dr.Pepper- when you all get bored and nutty- give it a try- it is the sweet/salty thing)
Post a Comment