We've been in our home 3 weeks today and my little man is gowing and changing so much every day. He's not as much "Baby" anymore, although some if his behaviors are more babyish than ever as he is wanting to be held more and more. Zachary just turned 18 months on July 19th, and looked so cute, I had to take this picture.
And here he is trying to be a big boy and walk in Mommy's shoes. He insists on doing things the hard way- anything challenging! This can be a good trait to have one day, unfortunately he frustrates easily and doesn't understand his limitations. We have already seen improved balance and speed due to some of the things he likes to challenge himself with, so it makes up for the frustration it causes both mother and son.
Other things are improving as well as he gets used to us, he's making more eye contact at times when he is feeling most insecure, he's wanting to be held more, and he's relaxing a little quicker when he gets upset and we comfort him. When I hold him he is starting to realize that I like it when he puts his arm around me and holds on rather than just being a lump, but I have to remind him gently by putting it there for him. He still pulls away when we want to hold him at times, but I expect that won't change immediatly. I have also come to the conclusion that my son likes my hair. When I pick him up and he is crying, the first thing he reaches for is the back of my hair. Sometimes he pulls it or trys to steer me around like a cave man, but most often he is just likes the feel of it.
As for the "Big Man" in our house, Jason is back to work and trying really hard to get a routine that works for everyone. Things just aren't what they used to be with him working 14-16 hour days. Zachary needs more face time with his daddy these days. Thankfully Jason has been working in his shop so we can pay a visit or two during his work day. We try not to stay long- but every now and then Zachary gets to listen to Daddy's headphones- which he really likes.
As for mommy, Im trying to adjust and figure out the best way to accomplish getting myself and the child ready in the morning so I don't get to work 3 hours late every day when I start back in a week. Zachary has not appreciated my efforts the last couple of days. We were both pretty exasperated this morning- hopefully it will all just become a routine and we'll both get used to it- but mornings like this can make for a pretty sour start to a nice day! Welcome to motherhood!

3 comments:
Heather, Jason, and Zachary:
It's so heart-warming to see your progress with your little one. I can see the pride and the love in your faces in these pictures.
Please know that we are here to offer support anytime. We love you guys and miss you very much.
Our love,
Kari, Jeff, and Alexa
What a cute little guy - especially in mommy's shoes! :-) Oh how I dread the back to work routine!! I am so darn tired, I hope I get caught up on sleep soon! Sounds like Zachary is doing really well working with mommy and daddy on attachment!
He is such a cutie, I love the one of him posing against the wall. Artem is the same way with my shoes and got very frustrated when he would fall and couldn't walk in them. Good luck with the transition back to work.
Post a Comment