We did the traditional pumpkin carving activity this evening, and Zachary just wasn't too sure about the whole thing. He really didn't want to get very close once we cut the top off the first pumpkin. The upside of it was I didn't have to worry so much about carving dangers, but I wouldn't have minded if he had enjoyed helping me gut the pumpkin goop out. The following photos show the progression of our evening of fun.
The dog atually showed more interest than Zach- Jiggs had his share of pumpkin gutz and seeds so we fully expect to be awakened by the wonderful sounds of wretching dog- Humph, humph humphhhhhh- akkkkkkk. (Graphic I know. Sorry!)
Walmart had these cute little critter faces you could put into your pumpkin. Since we live in IOWA known for its famous PORK CHOPS, we thought a pig pumpkin was appropriate.
Zach thought it was cute!
While mommy finished carving the details, Daddy and Zachary cleaned up in the shower. Afterwards, Zach got to see what the jack-o-lanterns look like with a candle lit inside. He thought they were pretty nice after that.




1 comment:
Heather: I cannot believe how much Z has grown! What a cutie. His hair in the photos looks so much like your color. The pumpkins are great!! We are going to work on those tonight. How is being a SAHM going? I am sorry I haven't emailed, but you have been in my thoughts. Have a Happy Halloween w/ your pumpkin :)
Post a Comment