Our little Z-man has had a busy day yesterday. He got to spend the morning at playgroup with mommy, and then the rest of the day at Grandma's house to play with thier dog Tiny and our niece. He was so worn out, he didn't wake up from the drive home...until 2:45 AM!!! Good thing we went to bed early too! Jason decided he'd be the one to go tend to Z's cries. That was great for me, because its nice to NOT have to get up in the night. However, I felt so guilty about my husband having to get up knowing he had to work all day on 5 hours of sleep, and hearing Z calling for Mama, I didn't get more than 15-30 minutes of sleep. Finally the guilt got to me when I heard the buttons on the microwave beeping. That could mean several things- either he was trying to make a bottle of warm milk, or Jason was making himself a cappucino. I got up and took the second shift, while Jason went back to bed around 4:50 AM. Zach and I went down to our newly remodled basement and he attempted to play while I sat quietly in the recliner with one eye open and the other one closed. He came to me at 5:25 because he got scared of a noise and 5 minutes later he was out!
The challenge was getting him moved without waking him up- that process took a half hour moving him very very s.l.o.w.l.y. I DID NOT want to wake the poor child up! I finally decided that I could make a nest in the bean bag chair with my foot as I was holding him, so I laid him on his back to sleep. I tried to get some sleep myself, dozing for a few minutes at a time. This is what I found when I went to check on him a while later...
Note the cute red socks hanging well off the edge of the bean bag chair. You can't tell it from the photo, but the feet are not touching the floor.

Could you sleep here?

2 comments:
most definately! Though p couldn't he is a very particular about his sleep location.
I can sleep anywhere these days! I don't get as much sleep as this 9 hour per night body needs! :)
I had lost your link when I switched my blog format, but I saw you on the blogfrog widget today so I grabbed the link again. Glad to see things are going well. Z looks great and he is SOOOOO cute!
Ondrea
Post a Comment