Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Gotcha Day!

It's amazing that a whole year has gone by since we've had our son Zachary. I can hardly believe how fast it went! Here is our family on that special day:

We had to wake the poor child up from his nap at the baby home to get his clothes on and take him back to our hotel. Saying goodbye was done very quickly and without any fanfare. We simply changed his clothes, said thank you and walked out the door then snaped the picture in front of the building. Getting him back to sleep in strange surroundings was next to impossible. He was scared, confused, and disoriented. Jason and I were largely oblivious to it all because we were so thrilled to finally have him after all we went through to get him.

Today, I am happy to say that Zach has blended very well into our families- and loves spending time both at home and with both sets of grandparents. He is a friendly kid- definately an extrovert! He not afraid to say hi to people he sees and wave. People remark to me all the time about how expressive his eyes are. It so true! He likes to eat, play, explore, run, jump, tease, make noise and be a rambunctious boy. He's into tracters, drums, cars, lawnmowers, swimming, and jumping. I don't know what he will become as a man, but I think there is a good chance that he will do something physical, noisy and challenging. At first I thought maybe pro-wrestling. Now Im thinking more like drummer in a rock and roll band... who knows, but it will be fun to find out!

4 comments:

Angela Knight said...

What a sweet baby boy. You are doing a good job loving and parenting that little guy. Such a blessing!

Troy and Rachel said...

He looks so little in those photos! Happy One Year!!!

Becky and Keith said...

Happy belated one year!! I love your guess at his future career... I can so see it! I remember that little guy a year ago and am just completely amazed how much he has grown.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated one year!!! What a wonderful day! God is good.

Tara