Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Jason and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary yesterday. They have been happy, and filled with lots of love, laughter, and hope for our future family. Six years later, that hope has been realized, and our dream for a child to love has been fulfilled. Its a wonderful thing to celebrate not just our six years together, but also to celebrate dreams come true.

My devoted husband delivered homemade heart-shaped pancakes, oj, sausage patties, yogurt and banana to my bedside yesterday morning, along with my smiling Zachary waiting for his morning hug/kiss. It was quite a meal, and even a little romantic with the pretty pancakes and all.

Aside from my having a constant earache and sore throat, I enjoyed the day. Zachary got to spend it with grandma and grandpa, while Jason and I went to Target for baby supplies, Menards for some more safety gadgets now that Zachary can turn the door knobs, and Kohls for some wider tennis shoes for our growing boy. He has HUGE FEET and definately MAN hands. We wonder if he's going to grow into his paws soon with a growth spurt or something. After all the shopping, we had a relaxing dinner at Olive Garden, and then a nice stroll around the grounds of Con Agra and the man made lake with HUGE fountain/gyser thing. We saw 3 pairs of swans looking for free handouts. At one point we were less than 4 feet from them!

Both of us remarked about what an odd thing it felt for us to have a day together WITHOUT Zachary in it. Now that its been 2 months with him home in the USA, its seems more like we've had him forever.

Today Zachary and I went to the Doctor since we've both been feeling the crud from colds that won't seem to go away. No definate answer to what is our problem, but we've had this long enough to suspect sinus infection and maybe strep throat. We got prescriptions, so hopefully that will help soon! The doctor said Zachary did GREAT at the appointment and called him a little STUD. The Doctor shook my hand and Zachary reached out to shake hands with him too. It was pretty cute. He's my little dude. Im pretty proud of him! Since things were going so well there, I figured why not try it at Hobby Lobby, the ultimate craft store. He did well there too- except he was waving his hands outside the cart like a wild man trying to knock things off the displays. Too much to look at, and too much to tempt him there. Oh well, it was worth a try!

3 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you and Zachary feel better soon!

Becky and Keith said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet husband you have... I might have to give Keith a hard time! :-) I'm so proud of you for trying Hobby Lobby (one of my FAVORITE stores ever). I have gotten to the point where I have to push the grocery cart down the center of the aisle otherwise when I go to checkout I have many random items in my cart! :-) Hope you both get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two... Today is Oct 8 so I'm a little behind on my blog reading... but just a couple of weeks ago on Samantha's birthday we were looking at the scrapbook and enjoyed your wedding pictures! Wow, it's amazing that it's been 6 years already! WHERE did the time go? And now you have Zachary! Anyway, happy belated anniversary!
Love and hugs,
Dew and Cyndi
(ps, Sam's now a licensed driver!!! :o)