Monday, September 1, 2008

A weekend to Remember

I had the blessing and honor to baptize my precious son yesterday with my husband right by my side. I didn't get to give birth to him for his earthly life, but I got to help birth him into his new and eternal life as a child of God. Few women get that priviledge, and I loved every moment. It was AMAZING, and UNFORGETABLE. Here are some photos of the joyous occassion:


Here is a picture of the inside of a Baptismal Remembrance box that Jason and I made for our son. I woodburned his name and date inside on some maple wood. Jason made the sides and top of the box from the Walnut trees that stood for years on his grandpa T's farm. If those old Walnut trees could tell the tales of other children who climed them, or swung from thier branches, or ate the nut meats that fell from the trees, it would be quite a story to tell. It was so nice to have some part of our heritage to pass on to Zachary.


We also included some of Zachary's Russian heritage on his baptism day by dressing him in a Russian Folk costume that we bought in Moscow at the Market that Ron & Dinia brought us to.


Praise the Lord for His blessings. There was a time in April/May we didn't think this day would ever come. God is Good!

3 comments:

Ron and Dinia said...

Heather and Jason,

How neat and what an amazing experience to get to perform the baptism for Zachary yourself. The remembrance box is beautiful! Love the outfit you chose to dress him in for the occassion. Precious blog!

Dinia

Susan said...

I love the remembrance box, so special that it has the family connection.

Excuse my ignorance but are you ordained or can any Christian baptize another person at your church? Either way, I think it's incredibly touching that you got to do that for Zachary.

Your previous post on attachment issues sounds like us when we got home. I didn't have the issue of going back to work since I quit to stay home with Artem but we went through the hitting and testing. The first time I left him for 2 hours to get my hair done, I returned to a very mad little boy that was very mean to me for the next hour. The good news is, it has finally stopped and it will get better, it just takes time. I think you are spot on with what you are doing putting him in the Ergo.

Becky and Keith said...

What an awesome day! I love, love the story behind the making of the Baptismal box - how awesome.